Blind Hole Broaching, or Blind Keyway Broaching, Unique in 2 Respects:
1) The tool that is used to do the work does not pass completely through the workpiece; and
2) The tool is drawn backward over the broached surface at the end of the work stroke.
Special tools are designed to accomplish this task, as it take a particularly seasoned craftsman to execute the work in such a way that the desired tolerances are kept, while insuring all surfaces are perfect.
If you’re in need of a keyway in a blind hole (a hole with a bottom), we can cut any including blind keyways with a groove relief at the end of the keyway. Contact us for a blind keyway demo.
Blind Hole Broaching Advantages
- Only method of cutting slots, shapes and forms on certain piece parts
- More cost-effective and faster than plunge EDM
- Precise keyway cutting tolerances
- Complex internal forms
The blind broach makes indents and shapes in metal workpieces. Shapes include round, square, hex and more and can be done in small sizes 1/4″ diameter up to very large. Blind broaches can also be done for a one of a kind prototype or thousands of piece production run. It’s also possible to combine shapes of different sizes and depths on the same workpiece.
Contact Broaching Technologies today for your custom quote on blind hold broaching!